Set off on this classic pilgrimage that spans the whole breadth of Spain and is perhaps the most famous and certainly the most popular route to Santiago de Compostela. You will cover 791 KMs beginning in the French village of St. Jean Pied de Port and cross the Pyrenees into Spain. From there you walk through the rolling hills of Navarra and the high plains of Castilla y León, before entering the magical province of Galicia and arriving at the legendary Cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
You will be following in the footsteps of hundreds of thousands of pilgrims who have made the journey on foot since the 8th Century. The Camino is for many a life-changing experience and always an unforgettable adventure!
- Being a part of the Camino! You will be walking with people from all over the world all heading to the same place – one of the things that make the Camino Francés so special.
- The changes in landscape, architecture, language, cuisine and climate as you move through this vast and amazing country.
- The many monuments, chapels, churches and cathedrals marking the way, from the magnificent Gothic cathedrals of Burgos and León to Romanesque gems such asSanta María de Eunate in Navarra and Vilar de Donas in Galicia.
- The great expanse of the Meseta between Burgos and León with its haunting beauty, immense skies and vast plains of wheat fields.
- Walking through the beautiful Bierzo region of Castilla y León with views of heather-covered moors and tiny villages filled with slate-roofed houses.
- Arriving at thePlaza de Obradoiro to see the cathedral of Santiago de Compostela, along with the familiar faces of all the other pilgrims who have, like you, walked almost 500 miles to get there!
This route traverses the whole of Spain and is very varied, including hills as well as plains, rocky footpaths and surfaced roads. The Camino Francés is very well marked and has plenty of places to rest along the way. This is a long-distance walk so you will have lots of time to become accustomed to covering a lot of ground each day!
- 34-nights accommodation in private rooms with private bathroom
- Luggage transport from St Jean Pied de Port to Santiago de Compostela – please note that only ONE piece of luggage per person is included in this price – more can be arranged at extra cost
- All breakfasts
- Orientation pack at your first hotel
- Credencial or Pilgrim´s Passport and scallop shell
- Guide Book with maps of the Camino Francés
- Andaspain maps of how to get to each hotel
- Emergency backup via mobile phone
- We can also include extra nights before and after your walk, airport transfers and guided tours of Santiago de Compostela.
- DAYS : 35
- NIGHTS : 34
- BASELINE PRICE : 2900€
- BASELINE SINGLE SUPPLEMENT : 1300€
- STARTING POINT: St Jean Pied de Port
- ENDING POINT: Santiago de Compostela
- WALKING DISTANCE: 791km (492 miles)
At the end of the Camino, all walkers are presented with a Compostela certificate issued by the Archdiocese of Santiago de Compostela and the Pilgrim’s Office. This is true about all of the walks that complete at least the last 100KMs of any Camino de Santiago.
Every Inch of the Camino Francés is walked during a 35-day period.
Below is the city to city itinerary, but please note that specific hotels vary between dates and are therefore not published here. They are provided at the time of booking, along with a more detailed schedule that you can share with your friends and family.
Day 1: Arrival to St Jean Pied de Port. Pick up your Camino information pack at your first hotel. – Accommodation in St. Jean Pied de Port
Day 2: Huntto to Roncesvalles – 20km : 12.4m – Accommodation in Roncesvalles
Day 3: Roncesvalles to Zubiri – 22km : 13.7m – Accommodation in Zubiri
Day 4: Zubiri to Pamplona – 20km : 12.4m – Accommodation in Pamplona
Day 5: Pamplona to Puente la Reina – 24km : 14.9m – Accommodation in Puente la Reina
Day 6: Puente la Reina to Estella – 21km : 13m – Accommodation in Estella
Day 7: Estella to Los Arcos – 22km : 13.7m – Accommodation in Los Arcos
Day 8: Los Arcos to Logroño – 27km : 16.8m – Accommodation in Logroño
Day 9: Logroño to Nájera – 28km : 17.4m – Accommodation in Nájera
Day 10: Nájera to Santo Domingo de la Calzada – 21km : 13m – Accommodation in Santo Domingo de la Calzada
Day 11: Santo Domingo de la Calzada to Belorado – 23km :14.3m – Accommodation in Belorado
Day 12: Belorado to San Juan de Ortega – 24km : 14.9m – Accommodation in San Juan de Ortega
Day 13: San Juan de Ortega to Burgos – 23km : 14.3m – Accommodation in Burgos
Day 14: Burgos to Hornillos del Camino – 20km : 12.4m – Accommodation in Hornillos del Camino
Day 15: Hornillos del Camino to Castrojeriz – 18km : 11.2m – Accommodation in Castrojeriz
Day 16: Castrojeriz to Frómista – 25km : 15.5m – Accommodation in Frómista
Day 17: Fromista to Carrión de los Condes – 19km : 11.8m Accommodation in Carrión de los Condes
Day 18: Carrión de los Condes to Ledigos – 23km : 14.3m – Accommodation in Ledigos
Day 19: Ledigos to Calzadilla de los Hermanillos – 27km : 16.8m – Accommodation in Calzadilla de los Hermanillos
Day 20: Calzadilla de los Hermanillos to Mansilla de las Mulas – 24km : 14.9m – Accommodation in Mansilla de las Mulas
Day 21: Mansilla de las Mulas to León – 17km : 10.5m – Accommodation in León
Day 22: León to Hospital de Órbigo – 33km : 20.5m – Accommodation in Hospital de Órbigo
Day 23: Hospital de Órbigo to Astorga – 15km : 9.3m – Accommodation in Astorga
Day 24: Astorga to Rabanal del Camino – 20km : 12.4m – Accommodation in Rabanal del Camino
Day 25: Rabanal del Camino to Molinaseca– 25km : 15.5m – Accommodation in Molinaseca
Day 26: Molinaseca to Villafranca del Bierzo – 30km : 18.6m – Accommodation in Villafranca del Bierzo
Day 27: Villafranca del Bierzo to O Cebreiro – 28km : 17.4m – Accommodation in O Cebreiro
Day 28: O Cebreiro to Triacastela – 22km : 13.7m – Accommodation in Triacastela
Day 29: Triacastela to Sarria via Samos – 21km : 13m – Accommodation in Sarria
Day 30: Sarria to Portomarín – 22km : 13.7m – Accommodation in Portomarín
Day 31: Portomarín to Palas do Rei – 24km : 14.9m – Accommodation in Palas do Rei
Day 32: Palas do Rei to Arzua – 27km : 16.8m – Accommodation in Arzua
Day 33: Arzua to Arca – 20km : 12.4m – Accommodation in Arca
Day 34: Arca to Santiago de Compostela – 20km : 12.4m – Accommodation in Santiago de Compostela
Day 35: Tour Ends.
This itinerary can be extended/shortened and rest days included – just ask us for a tailor-made itinerary. Additional nights in Santiago de Compostela are available on request.