This is one of our quickest salads to whip together on the trail. If you have pre-cooked quinoa, this superfood salad can be made in less than 15 minutes! Furthermore, it is a healthy and nutrient dense meal containing avocados which are rich in fiber, has 20 different vitamins & minerals, and provides more potassium than bananas; and then combined with kale that has more iron per ounce than beef! You can not go wrong with this salad!
This recipe makes approximately 4 servings.
Ingredients for the salad:
- 8 cups of kale, rinsed and chopped
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 cups dry quinoa
- 2 ripe avocados
Ingredients for the dressing:
- 2 tbsp Peanut Butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- juice of 2 lemons
- Prepare quinoa. Add 2 cups dry quinoa to 4 cups water. Bring to a boil on high heat. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for about 10-12 minutes. The quinoa is done when it looks like it has popped open. Don’t let it get mushy! Remove from heat and let it sit covered while you prepare the rest of the salad.
- Heat oil on stove. Sauté the chopped kale until it begins to wilt. We like to leave some with a little crunch, but not too much.
- Combine the kale to your covered quinoa. Mix together.
- Combine all of the ingredients for the dressing. Mix very well. Pour over the quinoa/kale salad.
- Add chopped or sliced avocado to the top of the salad or mix it in – which ever you prefer. This dish can be served warm or cold.
Leave A Comment